Sometimes our writing needs to go beyond simply informing – it needs to persuade and inspire. Come on this course to polish up the writing skills that you use at work every day. Learn to write with both clarity and style. Discover hints and tips that will enable your readers to connect, understand and respond to your writing. This full day workshop will include presentations, editorial tasks, discussion, a quiz, and of course some writing time.
You will learn:
- How audience focus produces clarity
- How to choose and implement a particular tone of voice
- Practical writing principles based on the well-established Plain English approach
- Planning techniques to become more efficient and produce focused content
- Effective ways to approach correspondence
- Grammar hints and tips
Discover how to improve the clarity and relevance of written communication skills across report writing, correspondence, papers and case studies. Businesses will benefit as the writing process will be streamlined and the writing itself will be tighter, tidier and more powerful.