Need to write clear, compelling content for your website?
Learn writing techniques that will help your key audiences find your website and engage with the content once they are there. Discover how web content helps your search engine ranking. Develop useful editing skills, ideal for the web, but excellent for other kinds of business writing too.
Whether you are writing a new website, editing material that was written for another format or managing regular content updates for a blog or social media, this course provides an overview of the key principles, plenty of hints and tips and the opportunity to practise.
- What’s different about writing digital content?
- Who are you writing for? Understanding your audience
- Getting your readers’ attention
- Finding the right tone of voice
- Writing for the way they read
- The why and how of short copy
- Structuring content for the web
- Planning and writing content for your site
- What you need to know about search engines
- Writing for web pages, email newsletters, blogs and social media
- Editorial exercise to help you develop your writing skills.
For more information and to book this digital writing skills training in Edinburgh, visit the Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce website.
Digital Writing Skills is delivered in central Edinburgh for Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce.